Friday, September 14, 2007

by the time i get to phoenix....the sun will be rising

Yesterday, i had a good day. I had some things that I wanted to accomplish. I was able to sleep in bit and i wanted to start cleaning out my closets. Its a task that i try to do each September. Part of my new year ritual is to start to clear out what i no longer need. i then took the biggest bag i could find to the Goodwill and dropped it off. I then did some errands and headed towards Pa. I had a car full of merch and it was cool fall day. I stopped on the turnpike and headed towards Valley Forge. Luckily i didnt have to go into King of Prussia but i was close enough....

I didnt have time to stop at Valley Forge to see the Washington Revolutionary War monuments. If i knew i was heading there, i would have given myself more time to see the sights of Valley Forge. I then headed into Phoenixville to see a small town with lots of little shops that screamed for exploring.

As i pulled up, i saw Lucy Wainwright Roche in her SUV behind. We caught up since i saw her last and we brought our stuff in the theater. We went out to look for Dar and found her on the street. After some catch up, we ended up going to dinner with Marika and Saxon. But Lucy and I continued to talk. I merched with her and for her and by the end of the night. I decided that even though we met a few times before. In Ringwood and Amagansett, even though i had seen her at Carnegie Hall and in prospect park and ran into her on the streets of Manhattan that she is someone that i could be friends with .

I really enjoyed her company and even getting lost with her on the way home. Lucy is a ex teacher, Dar's friend and past babysitter and a singer songewriter in her own right. She is kind and caring...

its nice to make a new friend.

The show was great and Dar pulled out some older songs. There were so many people there that i didnt expect to come. Bobbi, Laurina who will be working with Dar, Sally Lindsay who i miss dearly... Amy, Joanna Jen... Marika- Saxon...and i was merching the show...
where do i put the limited time that I had.... and ofcourse to catch up with Dar...

Lucy and i got horribly lost of the way home and i went by way of Philly...it was 245 as i pulled up to my house, only to try to find parking....

It was a late night...and went to sleep early am..

Today, i did some more chores... none extra than i planned and i am off again