Monday, January 07, 2008

dreams

The cat could not come to my parents house because there were holes in the walls and they were afraid that if she got in the wall, she would not be able to be removed. I remember thinking, I have taken chances and nothing has happened, so can I take a chance? I saw the walls with the holes.

In my dream, I was driving a car and pulled into a parking place. I changed my clothes into casual wear. In the dream, I saw my Carole and I was hanging around. Knowing I had to weigh in. The parking lot and place started to fill up and I offered to move my car to make room. I realized that I had to be across long island toward the Hamptons to collect an reeward. I changed back into dress clothes and went off to collect the reward but knew I was going to be late to retrieve it. I knew there was gonna be lot of obstacles and traffic. I also knew I changed clothes for a short while and changed back to my new clothes. This dream is symbolic but significant. For the last month, I have been recognizing some of the issues pertaining to my weigh to lack of weight loss. I had gained about 7 lbs and was getting too heavy again. I recognized that I had to change core identity issues and didn’t have to live with the Fat Girl identity. I had an encounter at work where no one knows me but at an average weight, then attending a meeting where the leader made me feel like that 5 year old again who was being yelled at for being fat and being able to recognize that eating thru that experience was not helpful and hurtful only to myself. I chose to attend a different meeting. The leader was passionate and well meaning but her manner was not beneficial. In 6 years, I never left a WW meeting angry at the leader only myself. I realized that I have changed and the old way of dealing with things doesn’t work and doesn’t have to. I am changed and even though my old ways ( eating behaviors of coping) were not working and really don’t work for me anymore.


This was a breakthrough dream for me