Sunday, March 30, 2008

random thoughts and events

I saw Christine Lahti walking through Union Square Market yesterday.

I am tired of having baristas, patron sorting clerks at Trader Joes tell me how i should be voting. I understand they are young and energetic but I have made up my own mind. Its like Anderson vs Carter in 1978. its a developmental milestone. Get hot on your candidate in your first election and get blindsided by the virtues. There are politics to be considered and issues bubbling below the surface that these Baristas cannot see.

Teaching social policy has allowed me to research and research each candidate and my informed choice is based on the best social policy that meets my own personal needs.

I have gotten addicted to in treatment. I have started to outline how all the issues of the characters are really those of Paul Weston. Each character has issues with relationships, spouses and with their fathers. Paul has all of the above. Paul is a damaged and crippled man at times with Diane Wiest or Gina being the repository for his arrogant, projection. Paul has an idealized view of Gina as his patients have of him. The comparison process is all over the place.

In treatment has kept me captivated for 6 or 8 weeks... each night with a different patient.. Monday, Laura- Tuesday Alex- Wednesday Sophie and Thursday, Amy and Jake..
Friday... Paul sees Gina. In treatment ended this week with three sessions and Paul has no patients left... Laura ended therapy a few weeks ago after her transference or love for her therapist wasnt reciprocated, Alex died in an accident, Sophie goes to Denver to train, Jake and Amy get a divorce and Gina Remains...