Saturday, July 16, 2005

charlie and the chocolate factory

i went to manhattan to catch the movie and ended up in front a 5 teenagers. I turned around as they were consuming large volumes of popcorn and soda, and asked them if they were going to be quiet during the movie. The kid behind promised me with a Pinkie Promise.
i shook on it.. he informed me that Today was his birthday..his 14th birthday and
he and his friends were at the movies. they had been bowling and the 3 guys were having a sleep over tonight.
I asked them about the Harry Potter book. Two of them had stayed up to get it last night..
three of the kids were heading to styvesant High school in the fall and one to Bronx Science and the last to the Beacon school on 61st street..
the kids answered my questions about PSP and how it operates and they recommended it
the Birthday boy went to chicago for this birthday and we talked about that..

after the movie, i turned around and thanked the kids for being quiet and asked if they liked it... They all had liked the movies..

it is not like the original.. its more psychdelic... Johnny Depp is great as Willy Wonka.. I love the backstory..
i loved the movie..
flaws and all