Tuesday, August 08, 2006

newport folk festival

LISTEN TO THE NEWPORT FOLK FESTIVAL HERE

http://mvyradio.com/music_info/newport_folk_festival_2006.php

Saturday, August 5, 11:30am - 7:00pm, Fort Adams State Park, Fort Adams Drive, Newport, RI

Dunkin' Donuts Stage:

David Gray
Rosanne Cash
Bettye Lavette
Chris Smither
The Duhks

Harbor Stage:

Sonya Kitchell
Mary Gauthier
Song Circle with Chris Smither, Darrell Scott & Jeffery Foucault
Darrell Scott
Rosalie Sorrels

Waterside Stage: Canadian Music, East Coast Style

Beolach
Hot Toddy
Blou

i saw the DUHKS, Rosalie Sorrels, Darrell Scott, Bettye Lavette, Darrell, Chris and Jeffrey and Rosanne Cash.

Getting to newport was easy. i followed my fathers directions and got there in record time. it was a smaller than usual festival due to the lineup. I parked close and walked to the main gate. Found the FUV booth and left my bags. I brought Cakes and cookies for my host and FUV to munch on. I put a chair at the mainstage where the Dukhs were taking their places and then decided to go see Rosalie Sorrells. I stayed for Darrell SCott.. I spied this guy that i recognized, smiled and watched the set.
i left for bettye lavette. I cant explain what this woman's sound did to my heart. iTs like going to church or a divine experience. A woman with 50 years in the music business being recognized for her talent.
then i went back to the Darrell Scott, Chris SMither, Jeffrey Foucault workshop. THere only seat was next to the man i had recogznied. the place was packed. I asked him if i could sit and then chatted wtih him. when i asked if i knew him. he said NO NO NO... i called him a Fan as we both were enjoying the set.
i then went over to Rosanne CAsh who put out a great set and then i headed home
...getting a passion slurpee on the way and wearing most of it.

i got dinner at bugaboo and then ate and went to bed

sunday i went to My sister for a cookout and swimming with the kids and playing in the yard.