Monday, August 21, 2006

a small circle of friends

Standing outside town hall last night, I saw John Hall enter the place, jackson browne arrive, the CBS sunday morning music reviewer show up and get his ticket. I met nancy and laurie and we went inside to be seated right behind Julie Gold. I opened up the conversation and she chatted with us for a good 15 minutes. I saw Karen from Newport
and then sat down for a night of music

Jon Pousette Dart- sang Impatience
Jackson Browne- Life in the Balance, crows on the cradle, I am a patriot
Nanci Griffith- Heart of Indochine, Five and Dime, Simple Life
Rosanne Cash- House on the Lake, Seven Year Ache, western wall
Steve Earle- Jerusalem, the mountain, poor boy fighting rich man's war
John Hall- dance with me, still the one,
all This land is your land

it was a great night of music

the only one missing was Dar who was in ottawa
nancy sobel says the harmony was missing between teh players
Town hall is one of my favorite venues and it was a great place
to see music