Tuesday, February 14, 2006

dreams

two nights ago i dreamed about coming face to face with Sherry Sherman, a woman i knew in the 80s who was intrumental in my defining my career, a friend who i had a cut with, a mentor and older sister and an important woman in the development as a social worker and as a woman.

i dreamed i came face to face with her and we reconciled our cut off. She updated me on her happenings...she married after many relationships and finally settled down. She told me hesitantly she dated many men and stopped ...and told me she dated a woman and it was one of her better relationships. when i tried to apologize about the cut off, she mentioned it was not necessary and i woke up

i woke up many times all night and went back to sleep into one long dream that really was scattered parts of dreams

last night i dreamed of child abuse trainings. I dreamed of all sorts of situations where child abuse training would occur. I was mostly at my orthopedic doctors. there were multiple waiting rooms with mulitple people. I wanted him to look at my glands, which have been swollen ( in real life for over a week) and hurt to the touch.
my exterminator was there and called for shoes in size 8 and 9. These were special Slipper Merrills that he was giving away to a post man for being a nice guy. i moved to the second waiting room, which was a living room and i thought i was at the gynacologist office. again, i wanted my glands checked out as they are swollen.
i work up thinking that if there is a war on terror and a war in Iraq. why cant there be "a war for children".

with all teh sexual abuse, child abuse and fatalities....there needs to be a war For Children. I wonder if i can copyright that Line...

it came to me in a dream......