Saturday, June 09, 2007

An American Portrait of the Arts

this is PS1 Galllery art at its best...

http://www.chrisjordan.com/current_set2.php?id=7


Speaking of Art....

I spend a friday night at the Whitney at their exhibition on the Summer of Love. It was a exhibition of the part posters and photographs from the Fillmore East, Fillmore West, London, San Francisco scene. Its was made up of photographs, poster art and a review of that summer 1969. I happened to be sitting in a Austin Powers Psychodelic installation and started talking to two women who were in Hunter College in 1968. One worked in the Joshua Light show and then went on to work wiht the Dead. They gladly gave me insight to their 1968. One woman was protesting while her brother was off in Vietnam. THese two women, took the time to recall, retell and show me about a slice of their life.

://whitney.org/www/exhibition/SOL_exhib.jsp


http://nymag.com/arts/art/reviews/32859/


The other art project that i have done is the Tribeca Film Festival... I went back to TRibeca for year2. I was a volunteer taking tickets or handing out ballots..both at Kips Bay and 3rd and 11th Street.

I saw an afgani movie that was about orphans and the taliban ( sounds like a Dar Williams song, a movie from Palestine about the day laborers who build 5 star israeli hotels, called 9 Star Hotel. I saw Jerabek about a young man killed in Iraq. it was a documentary of his family's grief. I saw a Argentine coming of age comedy called
"on the road to St Deigo" and saw the wonderously lovely documentary
Pete Seeger, POwer of Song. I also caught the Audience Award winner...about an orphanage in Africa for Aids Orphans and the choir they created to continue to raise money and spirits...

Viva Tribeca

and ofcourse, i have seen Shrek 3....