Wednesday, September 17, 2008

The past week or so

School started two weeks ago, I have 33 students who are interested in becoming social workers. Social policy at 9am on Saturday.

Most of my Saturdays are walking to 14th Street to the Green Market and back to my car. The first week was a hurricane and tickets to the Mets-Phillies game was postponed. I walked until 230 and then headed to my car. Within a 1/2 hour the Rain started and it rained all night. Thanks to Hannah, I had a night at home.
Sunday was the postponed Mets game and I went to the early game. It took me less time than I expected and I explored Shea and saw what the big deal was. I moved around the Stadium to empty seats and watched the game to the bottom of the 8th. The mets were down 6-0 and then 6-2 and Pedro Martinez put them in a hole early

Monday and Tuesday I had jury duty on a jury that I would not have served. They screened me for Car Accident cases and I cannot be objective due to my own experience in Philly. The attorneys would not release me and I served most of Tuesday. I met a young man who was getting married so we both got sprung about 330pm on Tuesday. I had errands to run in Manhattan

Wednesday I went to work and to Dar Williams's instore at Virgin for her Promised Land cd. i had to wait around Union Square for a while and shopped until it was time to go there. Three songs and a signing and I ended up with a comp cd.

Friday I was supposed to go to previews of ABC TV shows, Daisies, Private Practice, Eli Stone at the Museum of Radio and TV but the pouring rain kept me from going. I went home to do wash

Saturday School and I came home after a walk. it was hot and sticky leading to a hotter and stickier sunday. I went to the Brooklyn Book Fair at Borough Hall and then headed to Manhattan for the NY Liberty WNBA basketball team. It was fan appreciation teeshirt day ( Mets last week was fan appreciation teeshirt day and I got a Shea Stadium #08 teeshirt from the box office too) A guy at the Garden threw me his teeshirt and I got two. I then got a Liberty shirt in the teeshirt toss by the cheerleaders. So i got 6 new teeshirts in two weeks. Way too many teeshirts.
the Liberty Lost but i sat behind Bill Lambeer and Rick Mahorn and the Shock.

Monday I was supposed to go to the Apollo for a taping of the Elvis Costello music program on Sundance. I missed Rosanne Cash, Elvis, Norah JOnes and Kris Kristofferson doing a guitar pull. but my threat of sick kitty interrupted my music adventure.

Tomorrow I am going to the PLayoff game against Conn Sun for the Liberty at MSG at 7pm.

Saturday night is Jackson Browne at the United Palace. I may stop to catch Joe Crookston and WA9 in Madison SQ Park first