Sunday, September 28, 2008

Saturday

I went to the Steve Earle at Judson Church show on Friday with Allison Moorer opening. The couple next to me were from Oklahoma. They ran into Steve on Bleeker Street, asked if he was playing this weekend. He told them that the show was sold out and then went on to put these strangers on his guest list.

I wasnt supposed to go back to brooklyn yesterday. I left my house to teach after a short nights sleep. I had school then I went uptown to 99th street to the Open HOuse NY volunteer orientation. Open House NY is next weekend Open House NY I was assigned 4 hours at Temple Emmanu- EL on 65th Street and will cover the lecture by the firm who restored the sanctuary. The firm is well known and worked on other NYC landmarks.

I walked from 72nd to 99th. I was going to go to Peter Mulvey in Madison Sq Park but it was raining so i came back to Brooklyn and got my car in SOHO. I stopped at the key food on 5th and ran into someone I used to work with. I remembered that I ran into Meredith Tarr twice in Manhattan near where i work.

I then went to manhattan earlyish. I thought hte concert started at 8pm with doors at 7pm.... I was mistaken. Doors were at 8 and the show was 9pm and Dar went on at 10pm...

it was a great show in Irving plaza but i was pleased to be going home....

Today a haircut and then prepare for Rosh Hashanah