Sunday, October 26, 2008

a good day

Today started at the Book of Wonder bookstore where i caught the end of the reading and Q&A by Gregory Maguire. I wanted to get a copy of his new book and have it inscribed for Paige for Christmas. I got a copy of wicked and his new book signed by him. I left him a copy of Variety that had a big spread on him and Wicked. He had not seen it. He was kind and funny and generous.

I went down to Union Square and got a free copy of the Times, i walked uptown and stumbled on the 150th birthday party for Theodore Roosevelt. I toured his childhood home, a national park, on 19th street. It was open for free today for TR's bday. They had pins and I became a Junior Ranger. I left the Times with the Staff. Everyone at the TR house, loved talking about him and loved the house. It was great to see everyone liking their work.

I walked uptown and sat in the Datavision window and relieved Dave Farrow. I have been following Dave's adventure all month. I read 30 minutes of A tree Grows in Brooklyn and relieved him for a break.

Meet Dave Farrow



I sat in for Dave and did my share as a reader.....

I then made it home to clean the rugs and write a report that I needed to.

The day was way too short....