Thursday, October 23, 2008

weekend

Friday night, I came home to do errand and to crash. Saturday, I had school early, It is midterms week. I collected midterms and went to the dentist to get my cap in finally. I had been going through root canal and finally have a new expensive tooth.
I came back to Brooklyn and packed up my stuff to go to the Roundabout theater for a showing or Revival of Streamers. I ran into Joe my ex student. Roundabout did a good job with this dated piece.

Sunday, I had a ticket for the play at the Newhouse at Lincoln Center. I ran into Donna, an adoption worker at St Joseph who was waiting for a cancellation ticket to South Pacific. The play was called Saturn Returns and was played over the life of the same man- depicted by three men, at 30, 50 and 80- around the time that Saturn spins and returns. The same woman, plays the man's wife, daughter and later age caretaker nurse. Its a 80 minute piece. Lincoln Center was beautiful in the fall.

THis week has been an emotional hell week at work.

Glad to get through it. I ran into a friend from ST Joseph, Ronni on Tuesday at the Childrens Center. SHe was having a conference and its not unusual for her to be in the building