Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Labor Day weekend

i got a call on thursday from my mom while i was at weight watchers. she said my dad had been hospitalized and we discussed my going to massachusetts for the weekend. I had planned to go to Sellersville to See Suzanne Vega and then get up for the exterminator and get on the road. Instead, i went by my hairdresser because they were looking for me to pick up some Avon. I stopped in and as i was about to schedule an appointment when one of the customer suggested that i stay that day. So i did. I had my hair colored and cut. i then went home to pack and get ready to leave.

I went to massachusetts and went to get gas and an inspection sticker and headed to the hospital- to find my dad being released. My father suffers from congestive heart failure. He has had a 25 year history of heart problems, attacks, by pass, angioplasties, pacemakers, shunts and now has to go to his doctor for an assessment for the next steps. He lost 5 lbs of water which was clogging his lungs so he was hard of hearing. The pressure in his head from blood pressure was eliminated so he is on salt restriction.
He was released on Friday and took it easy friday night. We went to get dinner and then saturday did some local shopping. I went to Kohls and then to Bellingham.

I met a woman who professes to be a psychic. She and i started talking about whole foods stock and then i stood and talked to her for an hour. She did some predictions for me and my family and we had a conversation about the spiritual nature of the world and self. whether she was a kook or about to see the truth is still left to be seen... it was an interesting way to spend some time in whole foods.

i then went shopping with my sister and kids on saturday. I hung out with my sisters kids as she came over for a few hours. My mom and i bought some stuff at Kohls for them and we had to return the clothes and ended up buying more. Heather and Katie came not Paige. She stayed home with Vern and My dad. I think my dads hospitalization scared them.

sunday we stayed local and went to dinner and monday, i came back to NYC.