Friday, September 02, 2005

my left arm

i have been home all week.. the morphine and local wore off and my arm got sore.. I was bandaged but had trouble wearing my sling. Tuesday, i was groggy and forced myself to walk.. i didnt want to read or walk or stand.. i couldnt sleep..
I had to move my car for alternate side parkting and was afraid to drive but i survived and moved my car to the "correct" side of the road


wedneday am, i went to Rite Aid and filled my script for Vicodin.. i had to got to school to teach for my first class, so i have to figure out a way to shower and wash my hair.. i used the same method as i used the last time i was in a sling

i taught my class and came home and took a pill and went to sleep.. well i went to nap and wake up every two hours.. the vicodin helped teh first night and the fact i hadnt really slept for a few nights before

going to bed to sleep is a pain in teh ass, i dont sleep through the night- i wake up every two hours or so.. as the hot flash starts.. My mother says when i am tired enough i will sleep.. i am more impaired than rested..

wednesday i called my doctor and got a 430 appointment so i called thursday and got a cancellation for 1115... with flowers and donuts i went to see DR Dangelo

my bandages were taken off, i saw the 9 holes in my bone From the screws( they will fill in) and i have plastic stitches and the tape bandages on my arm..

i can shower, drive but have to take lifting and carrying easy...

i am free from my sling..

i walked to park slope last night and stopped into methodist to get the name of the nurses who were so kind to me.. the ambulatory surgery nurse who made me comfortable and was the only one who was humane and Nellie Bata the Recovery nurse.. she was working so i got to thank her myself..in person..

i got a salad and come home, NOT TO SLEEP