Thursday, July 27, 2006

falcon ridge

at the last minute i decided to go to falcon ridge. I got my tent from parents on 4th of july and all the tarps i needed. I started to pack and decided that i would go up on thursday. I made arrangement for the cat....luckily i called the cat lady on wednesday, she didnt have my keys, went to WW and did my last minute fruit shopping. Thursday, i got ice and gas and headed out of NYC. deciding i was gonna photograph my journey as i headed over the BQE with a view of lower manhattan, i started taking photos up to hillsdale...
i pulled up to the new site behind Meg Hart and Kate and Devon to be meeted and greeted by susan moss. we found NEW Camp Dar with little trouble and i unpacked. I didnt have to unpack much because my car was next to my tent... teh only time it caused me problems was when i had to get up in the middle of night and bumped into it.

i started to settle in, saw Jen T, Mosh, met veronica, Chris My Hero Chin, reinhardt and wandered to get the lay of the new landscape...Falcon ridge was set up like the old falcon ridge only with more space in the camping area... i found water and FUV...seems taht i screwed up my volunteering time and missed my thursday shift and went on friday AM and Friday afternoon to make up for it...
i felt badly and apologized to Linda et al
it was all good and i was at my post at the arranged times on friday for both shifts and i really worked my ass off

thursday night was filled with John Gorka, WInterpills and a Killer set by shawn colvin...after shawn, i went back to camp dar to sit around the song circle, eat Chris Chin cookies and look up at the most magnificent evening sky....it was expansive night sky... i forgot how much i love the night sky from falcon ridge. it was warm at night and no way did you need the heavier clothes...a fleece that is all.. i went to bed around 230 and loved sleeping on the airmattress..
Jessie helped me fill it up and it was hard and comfortable..

i woke at 615 and Chris and i did a tarp run. i got a desparately needed cup of coffee and me and chris talking to george aurbach for a while til it was time for a shower..at the new falcon ridge, the showers were a few feet from the new camp dar so i walked over... as i starting my shower, teh water gave out...i made the best of it and Chris called in the calvary. there was ONE shower that trickled so i started my shower there and then got full steam hot water.. what a great shower, what a sticky girl i was

i dressed and wandered to FUV to help out and hung out there.. Linda gave me Ice and i helped her open the booth, put stuff out and get the day started. I sat with claudia marshall and her daugher Ruby later in the day. I headed over the emerging artist and sat thru some of the acts til 230 or so when i had to go back to FUV. i shot pix of red molly and then pushed them as a winner... YEAH Red Molly