Thursday, April 07, 2005

Never broke and the blessings

Today as i walked from my meeting on lower manhattan to my class in soho, i walked up by Family Court. I was thinking about judge judy and how she used to work there and then i thought about the days and hours i spent in family court. I looked at the people leaving the court house at 430 or almost 5 and i thought about their story.. I walked on and saw a short latin woman flanked by a boy about 10 and a girl about 14 and on the back of the young man's jacket was a round circle amulet and in the amulet was the Slogan
NEVER BROKE...... i walked on and up to him and as i walked by... said to him that the jacket says it all. It reminded me that I am never broke. There are so many blessings in my life that i can recall all those things that i am grateful for...

my friends, my family, having a job, being able to work, having a place to live, being able to do what i want, having more than i need, My cat, my car, being able to see music and plays i love, being surrounded by loving caring people... i really am never broke...

speaking of blessings, i have gotten my share lately...

dave came over tuesday to set up my server and we found out that I got the wrong Hard drive... i had to call dell and renegotiate a replacement... it took a few hours but i ended up with a manager in customer care who didnt know HOW to deal with my situation so i am now the owner of a 80GB and a free 160GB harddrive in addition to my 60GB harddrive...it seems that a hard drive will make me go away...


then i got a certified letter.... to pick up at the post office.. i wrote WW internation about some bad chocolate cakes i got... I got a letter from Dawn foods telling me that their shelf life is two weeks but they were willing to reimburse me 25 dollars. the letter instructed me that any further complaints will not be honored.
they paid me off to go away...