Thursday, August 25, 2005

disconnect and connections....

i went for a walk today and it hit me... its become really clear that the manner i approach people and how i have chose to live my life is indisconnect with the people on my job and WHO i have to be at work and HOW i have to be ....
it just isnt matching... maybe that is why i am not happy

_____________

i was talking to a friend on sunday and telling her that when i was applying to college my dad had just made a job change and how he was working a minimum wage job with two kids going to college.. My dad was brave to change but it caused me to go to a state school
i also went to state school because my HS guidance counsellor told me my SAT scores werent good enough for Brandeis.. I was a teen activist with B'nai B'rith and had lots of extracurricula activities and taught a preschool class but my scores werent good for private school... so i was told

i didnt know any better so i took a shot and applied to salem state and fitchburg state as a back up school. i wanted to study social work but at brandeis i wanted to study Jewish Communal services. I probably would have ended up working in a JCC somewhere. I was telling my firend that i would have been a youth group leader

i went to salem state and got turned on to child welfare. The program at salem allowed me to get my BSW because the program was accredited my sophmore year.. That allowed me to get a one year MSW..
i got into NYU and two days before i was to come.. i had no place to live
within an hour of calling NYU, they found an apartment for me....

i was in NYC... before i knew it.. I was in child welfare

when i was at st josephs and needed to leave before they left me.... My Job at CMS came through...

i was telling my friend that the path always appeared for me when i needed it...

the road was purposeful and i always got what i have needed or what has led me to the next thing..

my work life has unfolded inspite of me

and i trust... it will happen again....just when i need it the most