Monday, August 08, 2005

women who lunch or maybe they dont

i was on the upper west side yesterday and stopped in Duane Reade for some stuff.. I started looking at these deli chips by Glenny that have been advertised lately and bought had one bag of each flavor in my hand. THey were on sale. and an old woman came up to me and said" those must be something"
she had wheat thins and was buying soychips..

she said i like these better. we talked about soychips for a while and she asked
"HOW MANY GRAMS OF SODIUM DO YOUR CHIPS HAVE?" 270 i remarked..she said that is too much. Its the sodium that kills me. I said... I count points and i watch sodium but i want to try these there. THE soychips have 170 and the wheat thins have 70 she said.
I looked at her like... I KNOW YOU.. I Know your story...

sodium = water retention= a false weight gain on the scale..

then i was walking along and saw a smallish woman with a dozen tall, thin girls who were all standing very straight, perfect posture and one guy who was in the front.. they were going to NONeat at the Hard Rock on 57th..

dance troupe, i asked on girl...YES...
i told her i could tell by their weight and their height and very straight posture

they stopped at the hard rock and i rocked on..

i thought HOW MANY ARE NOT GOING TO EAT?
HOW MANY ARE GOING TO EAT THERE AND THEN NOT REALLY EAT IT

dieting, eating disorders, are everywhere...

with open eyes you see it all