Tuesday, August 02, 2005

sleeping with the devil

i have hot flashes. I sit in unexpected puddles of sweat. It all starts from the inside and before i know it, my forehead is sweaty and armpits are wet and smell and my body is wet like i stepped out of a shower.

I use fans and airconditioning and carry fans from chinatown to cool myself off. THe sweat leave prickly heat on my skin. the sweat drips off my nose and from my hairline.

I have night sweats that wake me up in the middle of the night. i have them more than once a night. I can wake up 3-4 times and i am thirsty and wet. I get a can of diet coke from the fridge and a oatmeal bar and go back to bed. I will only do that once. I can drink the coke in two sweat sessions. I have to bring water to bed with me so i dont have to get up . Well maybe to pee after all that fluid..
i feel dehydrated from the sweat session and go back to sleep only to repeat the cycle

well after two weeks of sleeping with the fan and airconditioner and still having night wakings, i was beat with a stick so i stayed home yesterday. I could barely move but managed to walk..

I took calms forte before bed and slept through the night... i didnt want to get up this morning so i didnt.. i stayed home again.. no appointments, no meeting.. no care

i walked to my doctor today and asked for a talk.. i told her about the night sweats and interference with the EPstein Barr... she doesnt recommend hormones. they dont use em, neither did my GYN.. i told her i was on mega doses of SOY, cohost and calcium, magnisium, zinc, acidolphis, multivitamin and estrovan..

i wanted something to sleep... She would not give me AMBIEN.. or any other sleeping PILL.. because they are addictive..
no sleeping pills for me

she told me to take TYLENOL PM and take 2 if i need them to relax...

i told her that i would try it...

i really want the drugs.. but i ended up with aspirin..

twice denied the drugs by my GP...

maybe a new doctor is in my future...

maybe a permanent script to tylenol PM