Thursday, October 13, 2005

a day in asheville

i got up and check out of my hotel. I packed the car and headed downtown. Asheville reminded me of Eugene oregon.. there were more junkies on teh street. there were methodone maintenance junkies and Crystal meth junkies with their silver pin point pupils.

i wandered the street shopping. I went to two or three cd stores and found and American apparel store and bought some shirts. I went to TOPS the shoe store to look around and ended up with leather Keens. I was happy walking around asheville in the drizzle with no where to be til later.

I couldnt access my messages so i couldnt get susan moss's message. I didnt wnat to take my car outta the garage where i was parked because the meters were 30 minute meters that are monitored, so about 3pm i was hungry so i went to a salad bar and had black bean soup and two plates of salad.. i was stuffed on greens and beans..
even though it looked like a chain place.. souper salad, the food was fresh and tasty and i had a soda all for 9.00.. i was overstuffed and continued to walk around town.

i headed towards the venue and shopped my way down to the venue....

i met up with dar who asked me to take her nanny back to the hotel for her. I agreed as long as i could park. Megan sheridan who merched for me the night before took over the reigns when i was getting my car and getting the cargo back to the hotel...

the show was a benefit with christine kane and then girly man. Girlyman was heading over to atlanta after their set so i had to move my car to let em out.

christine had a great set. susan dedicated "woman of steel" to me as i got my plate out and i missed most of Girly man.

Dar was on and she played to the house. Jules shear was in the house and there were owls brought by the WILD FOR LIFE people. I bid on the silent auction and was gald that i didnt win. I would have spent too much money for the artisan items.

the shows stared to be a blur and without a setlist i cant really remember what was played. I have setlist for all teh venues except asheville. there were slots for dar's solo without a song filled in..

after the show, i followed susan moss to the hotel and i snacked on yogurt and went to sleep