Thursday, October 13, 2005

leaving NY ro charlottesville.

last week, i split this city for the open road. i left NY on tuesday and headed towards charlottesville, va. As i headed down the NJ turnpike, i left the layers of stress start to be shed from my skin. I stopped for gas and the gas station attendant on the pike. In NJ, you cannot pump your own gas, the attendants do it for you. So the attendant looked in my car and asked if i found...Fiona.. it took a while for me to understand what he was saying..

he looked at My shrek and donkey key chain that hang from my rear view mirror. I then understood, he was asking for Fiona. i told him that i hadnt found fiona. he told me that he goes to the 99 cents store and paid a dollar for Donkey and Shrek for his daughter. I asked him the age of his daughter and he said 2. i took off my donkey and gave it to him to take home to his kids.

heading into charlottesville, i found a 7-11 where i got a crystal light mango passion slurpee. this is the sister to the Diet Pepsi slurpee that i had after i went to the goodwill with my clothes a few weeks ago... i drove happily through the farm land of virginia, drinking my slurpee in the summer sun beating down..

i got gas at about a 1/4 tank down all the way so i wasnt hit with a large gas bill. the whole trip must have cost me about 200.00 in gas for 2500+ miles..

in charlottesville, i went to Staples and whole foods and met up the dar tour at STarr hill. i met up with amy at starr hill and Amy and i had dinner, after we watched the delivery of the new Huss and dalton guitar...

amy and i walked for coffee and checked out the stores on the avenue til we had to get back to the show..

the show was great. the girlymen sounded great and Dar and band were in a tiny stage space and had to cramp together.

after the show i followed Amy to farmville, at one point i thought she took off down the road, knowing that i didnt have directions, and no cell phone service in the farmland of virginia on roads i didnt know , i just kept driving.. lucky for her, her
tail lights appeared and her license plate appeared in front of me..

soon enough we were in farmville and i curled up on the couch.

AMY's room has susan werner pix everywhere. She can see susan's face from any angle in her room...its all susan werner.
Amy's room is a recreation of her room in springfield only in farmville..