Thursday, October 13, 2005

raleigh to Asheville

the rain poured down as i left raleigh and headed down the same long long long highway to asheville, i stopped along the way many time. Once for gas, once for get my brother a blue ridge harley shirt, once for shopping for a toy for stephen, once to a bank to get 5.00 bills.

it was raining so hard it was a strain to drive so i took it slow and steady...

i checked into my hotel and headed to asheville to me up with steven Holley who asked me to dinner. I made no definate plans because i didnt know what time i would be around. I ran into dar a few times, but not Steve so after trying to walk to downtown asheville, i got in my car and parked downtown and went to look for food.

i found a noodle shoppe that had a special of stir fry tofu, broccoli and brown rice..
all for 7.95.. I sat down and the waitress brought me an appetizer of marinated cabbage
and then split a spring roll with me..
My body absorbed the veggies and i ate too much food. I should have saved some for later because i wanted it again late. The restaurant reminded me of Zen Palate and the food was awfully good.

i then went to the coop for coffee and drove around til i found Marapos, the best bookstore in asheville. for a few dollars, i could check my email and spend some time in this great store so i did

i then went back to my hotel and caught the news on CNN that NYC subway is on security alert. I tuned in for as much news as i could get and fell asleep with the Tv on..

i was missing my cat and worried about her and i called my mom to remind her i was in asheville.