Thursday, October 13, 2005

farmville to raleigh

amy and i got up and i showered.. i wanted amy to take a picture of my with my teeshirt on and NO pants but i couldnt coax her into it. she was more concerned that i didnt have any pants on..
she called me to meet her friend walter and told me to put my pants on..i was playing with may camera and finally put on my pants.

in the mist, we toured Longwood and then met Mary for coffee. I really liked Amy's teacher and i think that she is a good role model for amy. she professes tough love and nurtures the students at the same time. She is as cool as i am .. she is alot like me.
we talked for about an hour and 1/2 over coffee with amy there.

i then went back to my car and started out for raleigh. I hit the back roads and saw some of hte most beautiful farm land. it looked alot like IOWA...

i stopped at a country store to go to the bathroom and the women behind the counter serving fish sandwiches where nice. I stopped to ask a guy with a spotty beard cuz he didnt have enough hair to fill in his beard for directions. he gave me some backwoods wise ass answer and I reminded him that because i was from out of town that i was not stupid and i left there with my hair standing up...so i followed my directions to route 85.

i stopped again at a gas station where the woman behind the counter was a love but in the parking lot, i felt myself put my menorah necklace in my shirt. I was heading into the Bible belt and i wasnt feeling safe.

My massachusetts plates and NY accent clearly were a liability on this trip.

i landed in raleigh with enough time to check into my hotel, unpack the car, change my clothes and head over the venue.

i found the band walking around town.. i met up with megan sheridan and we went to dinner. I wanted a salad because i was going to WW the next day and i couldnt get any protein on the salad... the salad was the salad in a bag with 1/2 lb of shredded cheese on it.

i took it to go and scraped off the cheese....

i ate it at the venue while we merched...

the venue was a rock club where there were stools and some bannister for drinks. it was a rainy night and no one expected the club to be full.

I met up with a woman who did body work in DC who knew Mary Chapin Carpenter and was orginally from the North hampton area. i sat with her and her partner for a while and wandered around. I was tired and the show was a blur. Dar was in great voice and this was the second of her rocking out shows...she was loving her new Huss and dalton and announced she played OLD MCDONALD for Stephen when she got it.
( amy and i witnessed it at Starr HIll)

after the show, i went for an ice cream cone and went shopping at an old night supercenter that i found in the same mall as the Weight watchers i needed to go to the next day.

I got up with time to spare to get to WWatchers for teh early meeting and i weighed in and stayed for the meeting. WWatchers are the same all over but this center had the points for the STate Fair that was happening the next week. WOW, State Fair food has Lots of points. The regional nature of the place, the women, the food they talked about was interesting for me...

i ended up with a Bad cup of coffee after the meeting and another bad one on the way to asheville.