Saturday, June 03, 2006

rant

i was walking from the grocery store in the rain this afternoon, when a small boy of about 7 and 6 girls all stopped me and explained that it was a holiday and their air conditioner was sparking and asked if i could shut it off for him. This young boy was orthodox jew by his dress and kippah. i went up three flights of stairs to see two women and two man around a dining room table. The man gestured me to pull the plug. I wanted to ask if if his g-d would allow his children and family and belongings to burn so he could continue to observe not working on sabbath or did his g-d want him to stop a non observant jew to ask to do "his" work but allow the stranger to do a good deed which has a higher jew rating...His g-d is a strange god who would allow his family harm due to a fire rather than pulling a plug where my god asked me to do a good deed or mitzvah on a rainy saturday afternoon....


aint it a crazy thing...