Thursday, March 30, 2006

my students

my students are not on the lacrosse team, my students do not belong to the greek letters, my students do not wear flip flops or pajamas to class, my student do not have expensive meal plans that they indulge themselves and all their friends with expensive junk food, My students dont live on campus, my students arent in the 20s, my students arent undergraduates, they dont wait for the campus bus to take them to the train, they dont attend campus movies or student activities events, they dont belong to the gym or play in the sports center, my students dont wear teeshirts with slogan like "taste me" or "life is better in the hamptons", my students dont walk the campus talking on their cell phone about how drunk they got last night, or when they last saw their significant other or arguing with the same significant other.

my students are over 30, my students have full time jobs, my students are raising children, my students are commuting to school from work, they are struggling to graduate with a Masters degree, my students are in debt, my students wear the clothes of adults, they act like professionals, they are caring persons who are building on their careers, my student drive to school- my students are working hard to get their degrees-
they arent like the mainstream adelphi students