Monday, February 14, 2005

valentines day 2005

my day started with my brake light lit up in my car. so i took it pronto to the mechanic... with the usual antipation, i got the call that told me that i needed a brake cylander and because of the leaking brake fluid. i needed to replace the back break pads.. i knew i had done them 3 years ago or never since i have done the front ones twice.. dad's rule... two fronts to one back...so it was time for ONE back..

then i knew i was tempting the fates by going 107,000 miles with no tune up.. so i ordered up a tune up and oil change... i caught them on a slow day and ended with a brake fluid D&C on top and recommendations for new tires and new wipers.. Both of which i need... the wipers may be more pressing than the tire...

so i took the train to the LIRR to work and came in late, on a day when a new staff member started.. NOt my best of choices and i left the cup of coffee in the cup holder.. not enough coffee and too much stress

on top of that my cellphone wasnt getting service for about a week ..so a call to T-mobile to explain.. i had a car emergency and had to use a payphone - after a free month of service -6 months from now... i got to Blackberry and they reset my network settings and i am back in blackberry phone business....live and learn and call and question...dont wait two weeks without phone service..

then i headed home by train.. i think i missed the 412 but got the 427 and on the mechanic... so why was my check engine light on... all that engine work...if it didnt shut off, bring it back...

in the mean time... susan called and offered me her second ticket to raul malo at joes pub for tomorrow... so i am off to hear the sexiest voice and hte real valentines day show...

i walked in the rain.. and it was the beautiful rain to return home wet and sat down to my school work...

oh, yeah.. everyone i saw ... and knew.. even the train conductor got hershey's kisses today... a gift of valentines day...and i got a 426 dollar car repair bill..

.but my car is one of my loves and safety is worth the price...and my travels PRICELESS...

happy vday....anyway