Monday, February 21, 2005

the violinist

my neighbor is a concert violinist.. she attended Julliard and i see her often carrying her violin in and out of the apartment.. Last Friday, i was home for Lincoln's bday and decided to go out midmorning.. I had worked out and had the stereo up pretty loud...

i got the elevator which was about 10 feet from her apartment when i heard the VIOLIN playing.. i remarked... Oh, i had never heard my neighbor practice and when i had asked her about it, she told me she practices at Juilliard and lessons and doesnt need to do that at home...

Sunday, Yesterday. same routine for me... papers, coffee, workout to Joni Mitchell.. i have been stuck on Blue and Ladies of the CAnyon (again) and realized i had em cranked so i left my apartment to hear the violin music....

i wonder if she could drown out Joni Mitchell...