Friday, February 04, 2005

week of feb 3

ome of my best meditations unfold as I'm mountain biking in the wilderness. Today, for example, I channeled your horoscope while struggling up a steep patch of craggy mud in the chilly drizzle. In the early part of my ascent, I cursed my stupidity. Why was I forcing myself to endure this ordeal? But soon I lifted my gaze from the ground and noticed how the mist swathed the top of Mt. Tamalpais in the distance. A bird began singing a deliriously cheerful tune. I realized that I wasn't really that cold, and that the light rain felt sensual, not uncomfortable. I was surrounded by beauty and my body felt invigorated by the exertion. That's when I thought of you, Capricorn. My situation, I knew intuitively, was a perfect metaphor for your life in the coming week.