Tuesday, June 07, 2005

another new challenge

I was talking to my friend fay on friday.. we were talking about overcoming hurdles..big ones, small one.. Hurdles...things that hold us back, overcoming fear and fearing to overcome...

for 3 or so years, i have been working and fighting with atheletes feet and toenail fungus.. I have actually had it longer than that...
my first recall of starting to deal with it and treat it, goes back to Dr Comrie, my second GYN in NYC.. that was over 10 years ago

i have had three rounds of Lamisil or the ancient equal and years of struggle. well after my most recent Lamisil treatment this winter, my nails are in better shape not exactly magazine modeling shape..

last summer, i started wearing open toed shoes for the first time in 12 years.. or forever.. luckily, NYC isnt a great place for open toe shoes..

so i have worked at treatment and care of my feet and i told fay, i needed a professioanl pedicure. i probably need a doctor for them but i went to get a haircut on saturday and asked for a pedicure. My Hairdresser couldnt do it on saturday and after internal struggle.. i really was ready for one...i postponed my desire and overcoming another demon and scheduled it for today at noon..

i will get ONE good pedicure, even though i fear that i will not be able to and will be referred to a doctor. I trust Sandra with my hair color and trust her with my feet... I have to get through my embarrassment and being ashamed at the condition til she cleans em up.. but i need a professional to do so, my polishing of my nails doesnt do it for me.. so i leap through the feelings, confront them and get on with foot treatment and pick a color i like for summer....

be brave....