Saturday, June 04, 2005

mary chapin carpenter show

I went to NJ to princeton to see Mary chapin carpenter thursday.. I hit the highway with literary reststops and land of cheap gas, where you can always look for cheaper gas...the lowest i saw was 1.95 a gallon compared to my 2.29 in NYC..

I had to stop a few big boxes and then returned some stuff to the GAP. i bought these three stetch tanks over the weekend and i didnt like the fit..THEN i saw it, Victoria Secrets.. So i bought underwear- high leg briefs... AMY was not there and I could not would not buy the ones with hippy flowers or stripes - just colored underwear.. beige, navy, grey all to taunt AMY..

i went to princeton and found the theater.. Ive been there with Dar on a sunday and remembered it pretty well. Well waiting for Fay, Nancy, and Lori..we had dinner and walked back to the theater... Lori wanted coffee so Fay and I headed in to see some of the opening act... I spoke to the usher about delivering a package to MCC and went to my car to get it..
I couldnt find Fay once i went inside so i sat down and watched Mindy Smith

intermission and back to my seat

the Band hit the stage and then MCC.. some women stood against the stage not able to find their seats.. I bent over to help them .. Chapin held her concentration and sang
"why wouldnt we" Looking down and catching me at" we have heros once...and will again"
Mary Chapin in her hometown was a magical show..

she told stories of Cleveland Place, of visiting Baker rink and her early hours there and dreams of figure skating and of the PB&J production of the King and I ... she
sang

GETTING TO KNOW YOU... as an add on..

about the second song, I saw MB and then she was over to see me with an envelope with my name on and see said "come back after the show" in the envelope were 6 passes. i put em in my pocket.

this show was special.... Chapin was in great voice and the band sounded great.

the set list
why shouldnt we-
passionate kisses
shut up and kiss me
stone in the roads of princeton
Rhythm of the Blues
what would you say to me
I take my chances-
My heaven
Why walk when you can fly
Bright morning star...
the hard way
cant take love for granted
i feel lucky
he thinks hell keep her
Down at the twist and shout....

then the BOSS.... my love will not let you down

Love goes on...

after the show, we found our way backstage, Lori Nancy Fay and finally me with a few words with and from Mary Chapin.. A hug and a request not to sit in the SECOND row..
she has asked me not to sit in the first row, now second.. ill pass on the third..
if i am distracting to her... i wont. MB asked where else she would see me, i said the keswick... lori and nancy said tom's river...but fay and i will be in glenside
see you then chapin, thanks chapin

we had no tom foolery... just all 4 of us watching the show, chewing gum...

i get nervous for her for the first three songs and then calm down...

i will be at the Keswick show on wednesday and in Toms River on saturday and ill be in row 5 and 12 respectively...

i got back in the car, found my way back home after seeing an 18 wheeler on fire ... i called AMY to taunt her about buying underwear and her not buying there.. and i just wanted to pass the time til i got home..

45 minutes to find parking, only to find a spot and have one on my street open up..

Praying to the parking angels does work sometimes...

i went to bed after 230 and had to get up at a conference at fordham university...

see you chapin next week.....