Saturday, April 29, 2006

the gift of time

i was out walking and realized that i have been the gift of time. my days were racewalks, going from home to work to my second job or home to walk and coming in 9pm to shower and eat and go to bed. Like a hamster on wheel, it was the same routine and i was exhausted.

i have been given a gift of time. a gift to wake up when my body is rested. A gift to eat when i am hungry not by the clock. a gift to walk 5 miles every day. A gift to do what i want with my time and not what i have to do. I can stop and talk to anyone for as long as i want to. There are days where i dont have to be anywhere. THere are other days where i have committments and have to be at school or an appointment or somewhere. I have had the gift to add extra volunteer assignments to my schedule. I am free to decide what i want to do and when i want to do it.

i can stay up a little later and not worry that i have to be up at 6am or be able to function. I can stay in bed a little later and totally absorb myself in giving myself what i need.

i have been given a great gift of time