Monday, April 03, 2006

weekend

my weekend started off with a stumble and a stammer and then saturday, i woke up and did my errands. I spoke to my friends in california while they were on a Chapin weekend and i was having coffee and starting my baking of tofu, roasting chickpeas and baking oatmeal squares. I also sliced some green beans.
Rather than going shopping, i walked to the bank at up by the park and back. i then got dressed and drove to Yonkers. I went to the GAP and Best Buy and then tried to find Sarah Lawrence. I shot past it and while turning around, i ran over this huge rock. I was afraid i punctured my oil pan and looked under my car and so no leak. I was freaked out that i did some damage to my undercarrriage of my car.
i went to the show, saw a very sick Dar and got her aspirin and put her to sleep... once she hit hte stage she came to life and except for her few mistakes she was flawless.
while she was signing, i took the liberty to pack up her stuff including the birthday presents i brought for her and stephen. I packed her Fishman, and makeup bag and clothes to get her on the road.
i saw suzie schwinner and her daughter hannah at the show and mr and mrs williams.
i asked dar for Rainy Night House and she said she would sing it sunday.
i drove home and saw the clock change to 315 from 215

sunday, i got up and got out and went to new hope. I got there in about 2 hours and was met by the group of kids who i found out were volunteers. They were the kids of the rainbow room of the planned parenthood of bucks county. They were gay and straight and bisexual and in the wrong bodies. There was an energy and excitement from these kids. They were positive and stable, though had their own stuff to get through. They were gothic and hip hop though most were white. They were clean and held their heads high... they were so opposite of hte kids i see all day. those kids are depressed and oppressed and repressed. These kids were not.
i watched their skits and drama presentation and watched the Gay mens choir. i then saw Dar join them for Somewhere over the rainbow. I had never heard her sound better. she told me she would not sing RNH but would sing something that would make susan moss jealous...
Dar was charming and in great voice and put on teh great show. she made the kids proud and won over the crowd as only dar can. She was on and she ended up with a room full of new fans. Dar dazzled them
i drove home and got home for desperate housewives

i dreamed about being on a train that was the wrong train that became the right train. I got above ground and knew i had to go to school but didnt have my lecture notes. I looked down and saw a 1980s book on organizations and i realized i could use it. I was thinking about what i would teach when the book came to me...I then thought i would be late but i was in the manhattan campus and saw Sheila a past student who asked me about her paper. I told her that her writing was improved significantly and the best of my memory she got an A- or B+. i thought that she didnt get lower than a B, no one got lower than a B. my alarm went off and i went back to sleep.
i got up at 905 and had to be in manhattan at 1100...

i kept my appointment and went to the strand downtown. I walked to j&R and to chinatown. I bought peaches and walked up to Bath and Body works for some lotion and on to get some soy cheese and then to whole foods. I was having a great time. I stopped for coffee at Dean & Deluca on broadway. i needed that coffee..
i saw a woman who was walking a huge dog.. i looked up and i swear it was felicity Huffman... if she is as large as the woman i saw, i know why she was tapped for Transamerica. she is a woman of size and depth and hte most beautiful blue eyes.

i kept walking and came home and went to the grocery store and did my wash and got my taxes, paid my bills, watched supernanny and watched florida win the NCAA tourney..

it was great weather all weekend and today it rained-
it was a good weekend and though i need more rest, it couldnt have been more perfect