Saturday, April 15, 2006

saturday like no other saturday

i decided to take back a sweatshirt that i bought at macys. the zipper didnt work and i headed to manhattan. i found myself delayed and distracted by many things before i finally got out of the house... the mailman, an email, the phone....it took much longer than i expected but i had no timeframe so .... i headed to the train and as i was helping a woman with directions, Judee Honig, a friend of mine from 15 years ago came down the stairs. I know she was embarrassed because she was over 100lbs more than i the last time i saw her. closer to 150. Judee had done the dieting program at Durham and had run a travel agency near the plaza. She and i dieted and walked together. I lost touch with her when she closed her shop and moved to NC to rejoin the program. Its been many years and i had not run into her. i know by the awkward moments that she was uncomfortable. after a few, that passed and we talked liked nothing or no time passed. SHe mentioned her weight because she was unhappy in NC. and i told her that i gained and lost 40 lbs when i stopped smoking. Judee is the type to make her world fit her. she doesnt drive on highways or go out at night. she wouldnt ride the elevator at her therapists office so she gets to call him for a half hour session. Judee rearranges her world.
she was going to CPW and i was going to 34th so i got off. i told her to call. she asked if i would walk with her. I said i would. she is the person who gave me my cat so i told her whoopi was still around and still a cherished little girl.

when i got off the train, a young woman let me go ahead and i started to tell her the story. her small daughter handed me a disposible camera and i asked her if she wanted me to take her picture so i did. we both were laughing. the young woman kept telling me that i was blessed. she said that she could see it around me and the shine that i give off.. she kept saying, you are blessed, you are blessed and i guess i felt blessed in the moment...

i went to return my clothes and headed downtown. I walked down 6th ave til i got to Broadway... i walked over 18th street to broadway and over to get some soycheese. I went down broadway and found my first street fair of the summer. THe weather was like summer and all the street fair regulars were out. I then walked down to prince and took the train home.

Neil a kid in my building was learning to ride his bike. his mom was helping him so i went in and got my bike and put air in the tires and rode around. I promised neil if he learned to ride and showed me, i would give him my NEMO bike horn. By the time i came home, he was riding up the block on his own... i took off the horn and gave it to him

Jean, the crazy cleaning woman in my building saw me and told me that she knows i gave her daugher, Matzah...she asked if i had anymore. I had an extra box so i told her i would give it to her. I have given out 6 boxes of matzah this passover. I have two left. I have no opened my box and i found 3 boxes unsealed near my car. they were in the wrapper and someone opened and one box. Three were untouched and i took them. it was that matzah i gave barbara and now jean... she doesnt need to know, i gave her found matzah...

i found 7 more cents today. I have found 57cents in one day and as little as one penny.. every day i found some money....