Tuesday, April 25, 2006

gifts are never late

i have found that there are lots of things that are positive, gifts that have been coming my way for just my being me. I guess if you open your eyes to seeing the gifts they are really there.

through the time that i have been home, i have lived the moments whatever they bring and as they occur. I have found that if i ask for things, i generally get them. I have asked if the restroom at Connecticut muffin was really out of service .. when i asked i found out that it was not that i needed a key. when i gave information about the TFF to the membership coordinator at FUV and as i asked her for the "reward" of 1 cd, she reached in her draw and pulled out two special addition cds that she gave me.
i have decided long along that asking either brings the answer YES or NO. i am not afraid of NO and i get more YES answers than NO answers.
i have found that lovely little surprises have come to me when i open myself up and recognize how abundant the world is.

i am also more humble about the gifts i am receiving- i dont assume that gift are there for me. They are granted to me.. i signed on a CORE volunteer before i knew there was a stipend. I offered my time and energy and got a stipend in return. i called and asked about changing my hairdresser appointment and got the appointment changed to a different time, not better but one that is more flexible and allows for me to go to my new interview with new hair.

i guess getting an interview for a training position with ACS is a gift. I am going on thursday at 2pm and not friday at 10. Therefore, i can possibly avoid CMS staff as they are in case conferencs at that time and i can sneak into queens and go on to school afterwards.